Terms of Service
By signing up for the Vurkly services or any of the services of Vurke Inc. or its affiliates, products or brands (“Vurkly”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). The services offered by Vurkly under the Terms of Service include various products and services to help you sell goods and services to buyers, whether online (“Online Services”), in person (“POS Services”), or both. Any such services offered by Vurkly are referred to in these Terms of Services as the “Services”. Any new features or tools which are added to the current Services shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the current version of the Terms of Service at any time at https://www.vurkly.com/terms. Vurkly reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the Vurkly website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.
- You must be 18 years or older or at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside or from which you use this Service.
- To access and use the Services, you must register for a Vurkly account (“Account”) by providing your full legal name, current address, phone number, a valid email address, and any other information indicated as required. Vurkly may reject your application for an Account, or cancel an existing Account, for any reason, in our sole discretion.
- You acknowledge that Vurkly will use the email address you provide as the primary method for communication.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. Vurkly cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your Account and password.
- You are responsible for all activity and content such as photos, images, videos, graphics, written content, audio files, code, information, or data uploaded, collected, generated, stored, displayed, distributed, transmitted or exhibited on or in connection with your Account (“Materials”).
- A breach or violation of any term in the Terms of Service, including the AUP, as determined in the sole discretion of Vurkly will result in an immediate termination of your services.
- Subject to section 2.1.2, the person signing up for the Service will be the contracting party (“Account Owner”) for the purposes of our Terms of Service and will be the person who is authorized to use any corresponding account we may provide to the Account Owner in connection with the Service.
- If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be the Account Owner. If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, then you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer to our Terms of Service.
Technical support is only provided to paying Account holders and is only available via email.
- The Terms of Service shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without regard to principles of conflicts of laws. The parties irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Ontario with respect to any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Terms of Service. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will not apply to these Terms of Service and is hereby expressly excluded.
- You acknowledge and agree that Vurkly may amend these Terms of Service at any time by posting the relevant amended and restated Terms of Service on Vurkly’s website, available at https://www.vurkly.com/terms and such amendments to the Terms of Service are effective as of the date of posting. Your continued use of the Services after the amended Terms of Service are posted to Vurkly’s website constitutes your agreement to, and acceptance of, the amended Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any changes to the Terms of Service, do not continue to use the Service.
- You may not use the Vurkly service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws), the laws applicable to you in your customer’s jurisdiction, or the laws of Canada and the Province of Ontario. You will comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations in your use of the Service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Vurkly.
You shall not purchase search engine or other pay per click keywords (such as Google AdWords), or domain names that use Vurkly or Vurkly trademarks and/or variations and misspellings thereof.
- Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to email@example.com.
- You understand that your Materials (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit Card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- The Terms of Service may be available in languages other than English. To the extent of any inconsistencies or conflicts between these English Terms of Service and Vurkly’s Terms of Service available in another language, the most current English version of the Terms of Service at https://www.vurkly.com/terms will prevail.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Service for any reason, without notice at any time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Materials and suspend or terminate Accounts if we determine in our sole discretion that the goods or services offered via a store, or the Materials uploaded or posted to a store, violate our Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal or written abuse of any kind (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Vurkly customer, Vurkly employee, member, or officer will result in immediate Account termination.
- Vurkly does not pre-screen Materials and it is in our sole discretion to refuse or remove any Materials from the Service.
- We reserve the right to provide our services to your competitors and make no promise of exclusivity in any particular market segment. You further acknowledge and agree that Vurkly employees and contractors may also be Vurkly customers/merchants and that they may compete with you, although they may not use your confidential information in doing so.
- In the event of a dispute regarding Account ownership, we reserve the right to request documentation to determine or confirm Account ownership. Documentation may include, but is not limited to, a scanned copy of your business license, government issued photo ID, the last four digits of the credit card on file, etc.
- Vurkly retains the right to determine, in our sole judgment, rightful Account ownership and transfer an Account to the rightful owner. If we are unable to reasonably determine the rightful Account owner, Vurkly reserves the right to temporarily disable an Account until resolution has been determined between the disputing parties.
Limitation of Liability
- You expressly understand and agree that Vurkly shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the use of or inability to use the service.
- In no event shall Vurkly or our suppliers be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with our site, our services or these Terms of Service (however arising including negligence). You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, Vurkly partners, officers, directors, agents, employees, and suppliers harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents it incorporates by reference (including the AUP), or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory.
- Vurkly does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.
- Vurkly does not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable.
- Vurkly does not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other Materials purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
Waiver and Complete Agreement
The failure of Vurkly to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service and the documents it incorporates by reference constitute the entire agreement between you and Vurkly and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Vurkly (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Intellectual Property and Customer Content
- We do not claim any intellectual property rights over the Materials you provide to the Vurkly service. All Materials you upload remains yours. You can remove your Vurkly store at any time by deleting your Account.
- By uploading Materials, you agree: (a) to allow other internet users to view the Materials you post publicly to your store; (b) to allow Vurkly to store, and in the case of Materials you post publicly, display, your Materials; and (c) that Vurkly can, at any time, review all the Materials submitted to its Service, although Vurkly is not obligated to do so.
- You retain ownership over all Materials that you upload to a Vurkly store; however, by making your store public, you agree to allow others to view Materials that you post publicly to your store.
- You are responsible for compliance of the Materials with any applicable laws or regulations.
- We will not disclose your confidential information to third parties, except as required in the course of providing our services. Confidential information includes any Materials or information provided by you to us which is not publicly known. Confidential information does not include information that: (a) was in the public domain at the time we received it; (b) comes into the public domain after we received it through no fault of ours; (c) we received from someone other than you without breach of our or their confidentiality obligations; or (d) we are required by law to disclose.
- Vurkly shall have the non-exclusive right and license to use the names, trademarks, service marks and logos associated with your store to promote the Service.
- You may establish the appearance of your Vurkly store with a design template from Vurkly’s Theme Store (“a Theme”). If you download a Theme, you are licensed to use it for a single store only.
- You are free to transfer a Theme to a second one of your own stores if you close your first store. To initiate a transfer of a Theme to a second one of your stores, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are not permitted to transfer or sell a Theme to any other person’s store on Vurkly or elsewhere. Multiple stores require multiple downloads and each download is subject to the applicable fee.
- Vurkly gives no assurance that a particular Theme will remain available for additional downloads.
- You may modify the Theme to suit your store. Vurkly may add or modify the footer that refers to Vurkly at its discretion. Vurkly may modify the Theme where it contains, in our sole discretion, an element that violates the Vurkly AUP or the Terms of Service, even if you received the Theme in that condition. Vurkly may modify the Theme to reflect technical changes and updates as required.
- The intellectual property rights of the Theme remain the property of the designer. If you exceed the rights granted by your purchase of a Theme, the designer may take legal action against you, and Vurkly may take administrative action such as modifying your store or closing your store.
- Technical support for a Theme is the responsibility of the designer, and Vurkly accepts no responsibility to provide such support. Vurkly may be able to help you contact the designer.
It is the responsibility of the user, and not Vurkly, to ensure that the installation of a new theme does not overwrite or damage the current or preexisting theme, or UI, of the user.
Payment of Fees
- You will pay the Fees applicable to your subscription to Online Service and/or POS Services (“Subscription Fees”) and any other applicable fees, including but not limited to fees relating to the processing of transactions under your Account (“Transaction Fees”), and any fees relating to your purchase of any products or services such as POS Equipment, shipping, apps, Themes, domain names or Third Party Services (“Additional Fees”). Together, the Subscription Fees, Transaction Fees and the Additional Fees are referred to as the “Fees”.
- Vurkly will charge applicable Fees to the credit card account that you authorize (“Authorized Card”), and Vurkly will continue to charge the Authorized Card (or any replacement card) for applicable Fees until the Services are terminated, and any and all outstanding Fees have been paid in full. Unless otherwise indicated, all Fees and other charges are in U.S. dollars, and all payments shall be in U.S. currency.
- Subscription Fees are paid in advance and will be billed in 30 day intervals (each such date, a “Billing Date”). Transaction Fees and Additional Fees will be charged from time to time at Vurkly’s discretion. You will be charged on each Billing Date for all outstanding Fees that have not previously been charged. Fees will appear on an invoice, which will be sent to the Account Owner via the email provided. As well, an invoice will appear on the Account page of your Vurkly administration console. Users have approximately two weeks to bring up and settle any issues with the billing of Subscription Fees.
- If we are not able to process payment of Fees using the Authorized Card, we will make a second attempt to process payment using the Authorized Card 3 days later. If the second attempt is not successful, we will make a final attempt 3 days following the second attempt. If our final attempt is not successful, we may suspend and revoke access to your Account. Your Account will be reactivated upon your payment of any outstanding Fees, plus the Fees applicable to your next Billing Cycle. You will not be able to access your Account during any period of suspension. If the outstanding Fees remain unpaid for 60 days following the date of suspension, Vurkly reserves the right to terminate your Account.
- All Fees are exclusive of applicable federal, provincial, state, local or other governmental sales, goods and services, harmonized or other taxes, fees or charges now in force or enacted in the future (“Taxes”).
- If you are a resident of Canada, you are responsible for all applicable Taxes that arise from or as a result of your subscription to or purchase of Vurkly’s products and services. These Taxes are based on the rates applicable to the Canadian billing address you provide to us. Such amounts are in addition to the Fees for such products and services and will be billed to your Authorized Card. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive such a certificate.
- If you are resident in the U.S., Taxes may apply to your subscription to or purchase of some or all of Vurkly’s products and services, including without limitation, your subscription to or purchase of Vurkly’s Online Services, POS Services, POS Equipment, apps, Themes and domains (“Taxable Offerings”). Any applicable Taxes are based on the rates applicable to the U.S. billing address you provide to us, and will be calculated at the time of purchase of the applicable Taxable Offerings. Such amounts are in addition to the Fees for the Taxable Offerings and will be billed to your Authorized Card. If you are exempt from payment of such Taxes, you must provide us with an original certificate that satisfies applicable legal requirements attesting to tax-exempt status. Tax exemption will only apply from and after the date we receive such a certificate.
- To the extent that you are an individual and not a corporation or other legal entity, and your location of usage changes to a place in Canada or the U.S., you must advise us immediately by email to email@example.com.
- Vurkly does not provide refunds.
Cancellation and Termination
- You may cancel your Account at anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and then following the specific instructions indicated to you in Vurkly’s response.
- Upon termination of the Services by either party for any reason: Vurkly will cease providing you with the Services and you will no longer be able to access your Account; unless otherwise provided in the Terms of Service, you will not be entitled to any refunds of any Fees, pro rata or otherwise; any outstanding balance owed to Vurkly for your use of the Services through the effective date of such termination will immediately become due and payable in full; and your store website will be taken offline.
- If you purchased a domain name through Vurkly, upon cancellation your domain will no longer be automatically renewed. Following cancellation, it will be your sole responsibility to handle all matters related to your domain with the domain provider.
If at the date of termination of the Service, there are any outstanding Fees owing by you, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid in full, you will not be charged again.
- We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Vurkly Service or your Account for any reason, without notice at any time.
- Fraud: Without limiting any other remedies, Vurkly may suspend or terminate your Account if we suspect that you (by conviction, settlement, insurance or escrow investigation, or otherwise) have engaged in fraudulent activity in connection with the Site.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Prices for using the Services are subject to change upon 30 days notice from Vurkly. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Vurkly Site (vurkly.com) or the administration menu of your Vurkly store via an announcement.
- Vurkly reserves the right at any time, and from time to time, to modify or discontinue, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Vurkly shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Third Party Services
- In addition to these Terms of Service, you also agree to be bound by the additional service-specific terms applicable to services you purchase from, or that are provided by, Vurkly’s partners or other third parties.
- Vurkly may from time to time recommend, provide you with access to, or enable third party software, applications (“Apps”), products, services or website links (collectively, “Third Party Services”) for your consideration or use, including via the Vurkly App Store. Such Third Party Services are made available only as a convenience, and your purchase, access or use of any such Third Party Services is solely between you and the applicable third party services provider (“Third Party Provider”). Any use by you of Third Party Services offered through the Services or Vurkly’s website is entirely at your own risk and discretion, and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions and/or privacy policies applicable to such Third Party Services before using them.
- We do not provide any warranties with respect to Third Party Services. You acknowledge that Vurkly has no control over Third Party Services, and shall not be responsible or liable to anyone for such Third Party Services. The availability of Third Party Services on Vurkly’s websites, including the Vurkly App Store, or the integration or enabling of such Third Party Services with the Services does not constitute or imply an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by or with Vurkly. Vurkly does not guarantee the availability of Third Party Services and you acknowledge that Vurkly may disable access to any Third Party Services at any time in its sole discretion and without notice to you. Vurkly is not responsible or liable to anyone for discontinuation or suspension of access to, or disablement of, any Third Party Service. Vurkly strongly recommends that you seek specialist advice before using or relying on Third Party Services, to ensure they will meet your needs. In particular, tax calculators should be used for reference only and not as a substitute for independent tax advice when assessing the correct tax rates you should charge to your customers.
- If you install or enable a Third Party Service for use with the Services, you grant us permission to allow the applicable Third Party Provider to access your data and to take any other actions as required for the interoperation of the Third Party Service with the Services, and any exchange of data or other interaction between you and the Third Party Provider is solely between you and such Third Party Provider. Vurkly is not responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of your data or other Materials, or for any corresponding losses or damages you may suffer, as a result of access by a Third Party Service or a Third Party Provider to your data or other Materials.
- Google Maps is a Third Party Service that is used within the Services. Your use of the Service is subject to your acceptance of the Google Maps and Earth Enterprise Universal Acceptable Use Policy, as it may be amended by Google from time to time.
- Under no circumstances shall Vurkly be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive, extraordinary, exemplary or other damages whatsoever, that result from any Third Party Services or your contractual relationship with any Third Party Provider, including any Expert. These limitations shall apply even if Vurkly has been advised of the possibility of such damages. The foregoing limitations shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, Vurkly partners, officers, directors, agents, employees, and suppliers harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of a Third Party Service or your relationship with a Third Party Provider.
DMCA Notice and Takedown Procedure
Vurkly supports the protection of intellectual property and asks Vurkly merchants to do the same. It’s our policy to respond to all notices of alleged copyright infringement. If someone believes that one of our merchants is infringing their intellectual property rights, they can send a DMCA Notice to Vurkly’s designated agent using our form. Upon receiving a DMCA Notice, we may remove or disable access to the Materials claimed to be a copyright infringement. Once provided with a notice of takedown, the merchant can reply with a counter notification using our form if they object to the complaint. The original complainant has 14 business days after we receive a counter notification to seek a court order restraining the merchant from engaging in the infringing activity, otherwise we restore the material. For more information and/or to report a complaint, please email us on email@example.com.